Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Holy Day

And today on this day is that Yom Kippur holy holiday of the Jewish calendar. I now because a friend told me so. And when I take a look at that Gregorian calendar that is sitting here, it says so too that sure enough October 9 has the words Yom Kippur written on it. And I am not exactly sure what this holiday is all about but I think it has something to do with Rosh Hashanah another one of those holy Jewish holidays that was I think last week and being a Jewish day of atonement and fasting and meditating at sundown for sin. And that is some sort of will indeed to fast before sundown. Repent, Repent for the kingdom is at hand and all have come short of the glory of God, or something like that. And these could be holy days indeed. And though I am not sure what more words to say about this holiday, I can only say Happy Yom Kippur and Happy Jewish New Year of the Jewish calendar year, though I did not even know that there was a Jewish calendar.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button