Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holy Dayze

And another holiday has come and gone. New Years Eve is here on this day and Christmas has came and went. And I can barely even remember it was Christmas as for looking at that TV Guide listings schedule, there was not a single Christmas movies, show or reference to be found on Christmas day. Except for paid programming. And it was regularly scheduled programming as usual from what I saw. And what's that all about, the idea that on Christmas, there are no free Christmas programs to be found on TV. Or maybe I just overlooked them in that tv guide. And "We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. " ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce. And that is an awesome saying to me that I ran across in my internet travels on this day of that Gregorian calendar year. And there are many parties to be partied at, many resolutions that are to be made, and many Auld Lang Syne's that are to be sung on this day from what I recall. What lies behind at years end and what lies ahead before at New Years Day for humanity and the world. Do we all go to that same place eventually, where ever that may be. And it is old long ago. Happy New Years!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button