Sunday, December 2, 2007

Advent

A friend of mine told me that today was Advent. And today is also Sunday from what I recall. I've heard of that day. I know it has something to do with one of those religious holidays, and because it is getting nearer to the Christmas holiday, I assume it has something to do with Christmas. I wonder what that Internet bible dictionary Wikipedia has to say about this day. And so they lit a candle today as they explained that this day has something to do with the first of four Sundays leading up to Christmas. Something about one of those Christmas wreathes that hold four candles. And then there is also Advent Hour, the singing of Advent Christmas songs. That sounds fun. And I imagine people from different religions and various cultures may observe the holidays with Kwanzaa, Hanukkah or nothing at all. Whatever your holiday observance, happy holy days.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: