Friday, September 21, 2007

Old Hollywood

I found myself watching one of those old classic movies today with Betty Davis as the actress in the film and although the soap opera was interesting, for some reason the movie started out with the psychiatrist doctor as the ultimate figure, the end all to be all who knows all and gets the final word on someone else's life to judge, and the images of cigarettes were being smoked and displayed as being cool throughout it. And as being anti psych cia tric and anti medical model, it was interesting to see that even Old Hollywood films advertised and promoted these stereotypes of family locking up family in sanitariums and institutions such as the case today, the majority of people in psychiatric hospitals are put their by their own family. I would hope that one day forced psychiatric treatment could be abolished. Is another world possible. And what does this have to do with a No Police State?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Ej jolivet said...

the real psychos are those that reduce the value of life to that of a thought. I think my life will be better if we sent mom, sister brother, granny away. Life is about the spiritual value that you can aquire while trying to help others...not hide...(sanitariums)...kill(capital punishment)...forget(nursing homes) our friends and family. I thank God each day that except for his garce I could be one of the homeless...helpless...hurting souls I see daily.