Monday, August 21, 2017

Racism


Hey again bloggers, or whoever could be reading this blagh. And so this post finds itself another one of those
attempts to maintain web 2.0  social media user generated content for this blagh and my other blog whenever blaghers block possible. And so that topic of racism has been in the news a lot lately. So much that it has spawned a bazillion or more Facebook event invites having to do with racism, fascism and beyond. And in my own thoughts, someone said to me at Union Square Park the other day as I was vending those DecorForU #blacklivesmatter, #notmypresident, #occupywallstreet, #nopolicestate, #berniesanders, #yoga and #berooklyn necklaces, magnets, key chains and pins for $2 each with that Black Lives Matter sign that I usually display that creates dialogue and conversation, amongst the most comments being "Yes they do" or "All lives matter".  Though again, just this past week someone, a couple of people asked me within the span of an hour the same question that sticks in my mind, "When did racism begin?", both of these people asked. And it was sort of the same answer with both of these people. Since the beginning of time, in the bible or something, when Satan was cast out of heaven or when he betrayed Adam or Eve or something and this discrimination was passed on through Jacob or John or Abraham or one of those disciples in the bible or something throughout all his descendants and generations. And for some reason I find their theories believable. And then there is that comment again from that Black Lives Matter Art Show at Northside Festival this past season or so from another person who commented on that topic of Black Lives Matter, or I guess racism, how can something be changed that has been instilled in us, in humanity, since the beginning of time when black means bad, dark, evil and white means good, light? These questions I am unable to answer, only to say is another world possible? No one is free when others are oppressed.  And then there is this t-shirt I read somewhere with the words Black, White, Red, Yellow, Brown..... Human. And what, if anything, does this have to do with a No Police State?

No comments: