Friday, July 31, 2015

A No Police State Song



And I have blaghed about that No Police State thing on this blagh before in times past. So much that I thought to repost that No Police State Song on this blog again. And it's that time of year again when that TOMPKINS SQUARE PARK (POLICE) RIOT 27TH ANNIVERSARY SHOWS! that I have found myself singing that No Police State song at in times past comes up again in that city of New York, in that neighborhood of the Lower East Side, now called the East Village for real estate marketing purposes, maybe. And this time this years reunion concert is to be accompanied by a Tompkins Square Park Campout - Camp New York Post, according to those Facebook events I came across in Facebookland. Squat the world. Occupy Wall Street Worldwide. No one is free when others are oppressed. Is another world possible. And what, if anything, does this have to do with a No Police State.
 #blacklivesmatter #icantbreathe #ferguson #baltimore 

No Police State

The place was martiallawville two thousand and one
and everywhere I looked I saw people with guns
standing on the corner in uniforms
full of torture devices for if you stray from the norm
they'll stop you over here and they'll stop you over there 
they'll stop you anywhere and they won't even care
as they shake you down and throw you on the ground 
put their foot on you and then kick you around 
they'll punch you and they'll beat you till you're almost dead
I couldn't take it no more and so I said
No Police State. yeah, that's right, no policy state. 
I screamed No Police State. No Police State. 

And so, I left the street and then I went to the store 
but as I walked through the metal detector
I could not get through because this man at the door
in a uniform called security 
with a criminal record worser than you and me
he took my bags and my belongings too
and he said the words we are surveilling you
with plain clothes spies and close circuit cameras
inspection devices and ten way mirrors
and so I started shopping from aisle to aisle
but I could hear them all the while
they murmured, they whispered and then they said
come with us your time is at hand
to be mocked, scourged, tried, tempted and afflicted
and crucified and persecuted in this wilderness 
I said to them deliver me I did not do a thing 
they said I did and that was it and so I screamed
No Police State. yeah, that's right, no policy state
I screamed No Police State. No Police State.

And so, I went home and I felt secure
until the evil knocked at my door 
it was a legion of men it was an army 
and they called themselves the authority 
who were concerned for my safety 
so they said to me can we see some ID 
to use against you as you will see
our king he owns the land and he even owns you
so this is what we're gonna do
they trashed my place, they tore it upside down
they took everything and then they threw it around 
then they wanted to put me under their care
cause it looked like I could not take care of my affairs 
so I took no further thought for what I was gonna say
cause they were gonna search and seize me anyway
and so I screamed, No Police State yeah that's right, no policy state
I screamed No Police State. No Police State. 
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: