Monday, May 14, 2007

What's A Police State Anyway?

Today's question of the day that is going through my mind is "What's a Police State anyway?" I call this page No Police State, but what is a Police State? Well I'm not sure what a Police State is except to say that when police brutality is everywhere. A martial law. And so again I called up three friends to ask them "What's a Police State to you?" And here's what they said:
Friend #1: A Police State to me is a situation in a place where there is no freedom occurs and every ones personal freedom is restricted by the powers that be.
Friend #2: I don't even know, but Police State is like, I'm not quite sure what that means. States with lots of police around? I don't have a clue what it means. I don't know what it means to be honest.
Friend #3: Hugh? Let me call you back in a few minutes because (Insert excuse). Friend #3 never called me back.
Friend #4: A Police State means the government is uhm, repressing the people with violence to conform to some sort of like ah, say like it wants them to behave in a certain manner. It's when the government is controlling the people with the use of force taking away their personal liberties and freedom such as their religious beliefs and freedom of speech...and there's more...keep writing.
And for some reason lately I have been referring to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, as the bible dictionary of the Internet and Wikipedia's definition is:
The term police state is a pejorative term for a state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population, especially by means of a secret police force which operates above the normal constraints found in a liberal democracy. A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive. Police states are authoritarian, and are often dictatorships.
What's a Police State to you and what does it mean? And what does this have to do with a No Police State. Have a great day.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: